Head Brewer/Brewery Manager
Omnipollo is a top-rated beer producer that was founded in 2011 by Henok Fentie and Karl Grandin. We conceive our recipes at home and travel to different breweries across the globe to craft our ales. Our ambition is to change the perception of beer — forever.
In Omnipollos growing organization we’re looking to hire a Head Brewer/Brewery Manager to lead the team producing World Class beer at our newly installed and commissioned 20 hl brewhouse (40–80 hl tanks) - inside our beautiful church located in Stockholm.
This role combines the daily, weekly and monthly coordination of all beer production with managing the brewery team, brewery equipment and all aspects tied to running a brewery and barrel aging facility. The right candidate should have extensive understanding of brewing and managing a team that executes all aspects of brewing operations, from selecting ingredients to finished product, beer aging and packaging, crafting new recipes with founder Henok Fentie, cleaning and sanitation, quality control operations, warehouse operations, staff management and detailed record keeping.
A wide array of knowledge concerning recipes and production of a broad spectrum of World Class Beer is required. The ability to lead a team, be self-motivated, with exceptional communication skills. This role reports directly to the founder and CEO.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be an integral part of our new brewery development, ensuring all beer production and packaging is done at the highest standards. In addition, the successful candidate is responsible for ongoing management of our sensory program, under the guidance and mentorship of the Quality Manager. This professional is expected to work closely with the entire brewing team, the Quality Manager, the Head of Sales, under the direction of the CEO. This is a senior level position, that will suit someone with 5–7 years of experience managing a beverage manufacturing facility. It is an excellent opportunity for someone willing and interested in developing themselves professionally within an expanding brewery.
- Meeting brewing schedules and delivering finished beer to the Packaging Warehouse Manager on schedule
- Maintaining raw material and packaging inventory above minimum levels
- Tracking and exceeding target KPIs for the brewery
- Budget responsibility for the brewery
- Works directly with the Lead Brewer, Quality Manager and CEO to formulate and develop brewing policies and procedures to enhance wort quality and preserve brand integrity
- Produces a safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in optimal working condition and ensuring there are clear pathways for team members to give feedback, raise concerns and have any issues swiftly addressed
- Analyzes brewing SOPs, equipment, and the production floor regularly; making recommendations to the Quality Manager on ways to improve efficiency, quality, and safety
- Communicates with the Lead Brewer and Packaging Manager to coordinate the movement of product from the Brewhouse through the Cellar to Packaging
- Tracks and reports all brewing data and maintains brewing records
- Schedules shifts to ensure appropriate labor is available to maintain the brew schedule
- Oversees the maintenance and cleaning of brewhouse equipment and the mechanics involved in their operation
- Oversees and trains all brewing staff, confirming they are performing tasks per the SOPs
- Researches and suggests continuing process improvement, education and professional development opportunities for and all brewing staff to be approved by the CEO
- Conducts professional outreach within the brewing community
- Creation and maintenance of a safe and efficient production environment
- Timely and clear communication of product status across the company
- Clear, consistent and timely communication with other departments
- Maintaining a strong and happy team that is diverse and inclusive
- Ongoing professional development of team members and providing opportunities for advancement
- Participation in events and community engagement opportunities as determined by the company
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate both verbal & written
- Must be forklift certified (or willing to get certified/licensed) and able to operate forklift and other equipment as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills. You like solving problems, and seeking out solutions!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Computer literacy.
- You speak English, Ideally also Swedish
- High tolerance for change and like working in fast-paced environments
Your application:If you have the drive and a deep desire required to be part of the team that is changing the world of beer forever - please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the job is based in Stockholm, candidates must be eligible to work in Sweden.