Brewery Cellar Assistant
Omnipollo is a top-rated beer producer that was founded in 2011 by Henok Fentie and Karl Grandin. We conceive our recipes at home and travel to different breweries across the globe to craft our ales. Our ambition is to change the perception of beer — forever.
The job:In Omnipollos growing organization we’re looking to add a Brewery Cellar Assistant who will help us produce World Class beer as an integral member of our brewery team.
This role combines the daily, weekly and monthly analysis of beer production and packaging, as well as leading the sensory program, combined with cold block and beer packaging tasks as directed by the Lead Brewer.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be an integral part of our new brewery development, devoting their working time to ensure all beer production and packaging is done at the highest standards by analyzing the beers and reporting findings to the Lead Brewer. In addition, the successful candidate is responsible for ongoing management of our sensory program, under the guidance and mentorship of the Brewery Manager. Large portions of the work will also encompass all cold block tasks as assigned by the Lead Brewer. This professional is expected to work closely with the entire brewing team, Brewery Manager, Quality Manager, and the Head of Sales, under the direction of the Lead Brewer. This is an entry level position that will suit someone with 1–3 years of experience in a beverage manufacturing facility. It is an excellent opportunity for someone willing and interested in developing themselves professionally within an expanding brewery.
- Perform all cold block and cellar duties as assigned by the Lead Brewer
- Prepare and carbonate beer for packaging and coordinate with the packaging crew to release beer to packaging when ready
- Consult with the packaging department to communicate that the beer is at the correct temperature and carbonation level for packaging and that post packaged bottled beer is at the correct carbonation level
- Separating beer according to Lead Brewer's schedule
- Ensures beer is transferred from fermenters to lager and brite tanks, as well as to transport trucks following all cellaring, cleaning, and sanitation standards
- Manages each stage of the cellaring process and ensures optimal processing conditions
- Maintain cellar records, such as fermentation logs, transfer logs and cleaning logs
- Perform CIPs on tanks, inflow pipes, production areas, and equipment using hoses, brushes, scrapers or chemical solutions, while strictly maintaining and adhering to SOP’s
- Harvest, pitch, and propagate yeast
- Fermentation additions including dry hopping and fining beer
- Inspects machines and equipment for hazards, operating efficiency, malfunctions, wear and leaks
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the cellar including tank exteriors and floors
- Assist in canning, kegging, pasteurizing and packaging as scheduled by the Lead Brewer
- Responsible for following the cleaning schedule as established by the Lead Brewer
- This position may develop into a brewing role and/or Laboratory Manager role as the company grows
You also possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate both verbal & written
- Must be forklift certified (or willing to get certified/licensed) and able to operate forklift and other equipment as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills. You like solving problems, and seeking out solutions!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Computer Literacy
- You speak English, Ideally also Swedish – other languages are a plus
- High tolerance for change and like working in fast-paced environments
Your applicationIf you have the drive and a deep desire required to be part of the team that is changing the world of beer forever – please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than the 31st of May, 2021.
Please note that the job is based in Stockholm, candidates must be eligible to work in Sweden.